Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Headline

Tooth Fairy goes Toothless for Halloween... breaking news

Jocilyn has had 2 loose teeth for a while now, her bottom front 2. Yesterday she went to the dentist for a toothache and he pulled the one that hurt her, plus one of the loose ones along with its neighbor in order to make room for the permanant tooth that had already emerged behind. Total teeth extracted? 3 yesterday. There will be an additional 3 next week (same deal other side of the mouth). Then the plan is to make her a "space holder" so that the remaining teeth don't fall into the open spaces before it's time. All of this pulling seemed pretty aggressive, but Dr. Ririe (who is also our bishop) said she just doesn't have room in her little mouth and there will likely be more pulling in later years. His other plan is to do a "frenectomy" (Kenna will eventually have to have this done as well). What is it you ask? Well, you know how my wee ones have that gap between their top front teeth? I've come to find it really cute- but it's gonna take up space that they are going to need for teeth- so the doc will cut the tissue in order to let that gap close... they are in for so much fun. McKenna goes in tomorrow for x-rays and cleaning. We are having dental fun at our house!

Here are my little fairies!!! It's trunk or treat in Star! Jocilyn is the Tooth Fairy, McKenna is a Fairy Princess... I think we had fun!
Some kid just head butted my door with a group of overaged trick or treaters... I wasn't real kind about it- called him an idiot- all of his friends apologized FOR him... what a moron. He said to me when i asked who hit my door instead of knocking, "ummmm.... man my head hurts from hitting it!" I'm like, "Uh, I don't feel bad for you- idiot. Nice example for my kids... " was that too harsh? I don't care- except now we'll probably get egged or t.p.'d... Kids these days-

3 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

I want you to know that I am laughin so hard right now and everyone in my house is asleep....i love that you called a perfect stranger...oversized trick or treater an idiot! Go team! I had to tell me kids about every other ring that when they got that old they couldn't go anymore....kids are getting to old to go.....seriously!

TheSlades said...

congrats to jocylin for losing her tooth. happy halloween.

RegaNater said...

I can hardly believe that little Jocylin old enough to be loosing her teeth. Your two girls are so cute!